Since many schools and libraries are closed right now due to COVID-19, we have made a list of free educational (and fun!) resources you can use at home.
- Explore Yellowstone National Park
- Visit the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover!
- Tour a virtual farm – 360 videos of dairy cows, sheep, apple orchards, and more!
- Take a virtual Field Trip at the Johnson Space Center
- Visit the Louvre
- Take a virtual field trip of a manufacturing facility
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- Walk through the Boston Children’s Museum
- Use Google Street View to visit the Guggenheim Museum, The National Gallery of Art and the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City
- Explore the National Parks with Google
- The Shedd Aquarium has been posting really cool videos on their Facebook page, plus watch Wellington the Penguin tour the facility.
- The Cleveland Metropolitan Zoo goes live on their Facebook page weekdays around 11:00 EST
- Lee Richardon’s Zoo is posting EdZOOcation videos on their YouTube page
- Visit the National Museum of Natural History – see dinosaurs and more!
- Check in to the Cincinnati Zoo’s Facebook Live Feed around 3 pm for a daily Home Safari on its
Videos, games, and activities
- Activities and videos at PBS Kids
- San Diego Zoo has great website with videos, games plus live cams of penguins, apes, koalas, and more!
- Scholastic Learn at Home has a lot of cool lessons
- Visit the Smithsonian – view live animal cams, play games, watch educational videos, and more
- Watch cool, animated educational videos on BrainPop
- Play cool math games
- Check out the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s online educational resources
- BBC Learning has great resources, so does National Geographic Kids
- Visit the NASA Kids Club
- Sesame Street’s website and Youtube channel have tons of content!
- Sing songs with Jazzper
Online books and story times
- BookFlix – watch a video of the book being read or read it yourself online!
- Mo Willems live streaming Lunch Doodles at 1pm ET weekdays
- Let celebrities read to your children on Storyline Online
- You can find other story times at Read Brightly, the Harper Kids Youtube channel, and Cool School
- The Atlantic White Shark Conservancy is hosting Shark Story Time on Facebook Live every day at 10AM EST. You can view past videos on their Facebook page.
- Let authors read to your children. Check out this list.
Live streams of animals
- Brooks Falls
- Sea Otters
- Transylvania, Romania, Europe
- African Watering Hole
- “Panda Cam” at the Atlanta Zoo
- Georgia Aquarium
- Houston Zoo
Get some exercise!
- Do some Yoga
- Get moving – have have a dance party, do some jumping jacks, or one of these other fun ideas.
- Have you ever been to the Opera? Now you can hear free live audio streams of the New York Metropolitan Opera
- Teach your kids to type using Dance Mat Tying, Typing Club, or typing.com
- Listen to some kid friendly podcasts like Sesame Street and Tiny Stories for Little People
- How to talk to your kids about coronavirus on PBS Kids
- Morning meditation with Jellyfish from the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Resources from Sesame Street – great videos, printables, and lessons about the importance of washing your hands, exercises, activities, and more
Last updated April 14, 2020 at 2:00 pm