Feel like you’re sick all the time? It’s not your imagination. Exposure to high levels of stress can make you more susceptible to getting sick. As a result all the colds, flu, strep throat, and pink eye that sweep through campuses and workplaces like wildfire, are attracted to you.
How can you avoid getting sick?
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Eat a good diet.
- Exercise regularly (just 20 minutes a day is enough!).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get your flu shot.
- If you live in a house or share a room with someone that’s sick, make sure you clean surfaces (sinks, toilets, remote controls, light switches) with Lysol wipes.
- Get some fresh air, even if it’s cold outside.
- Reduce your stress level. Easier said that done, right?
Sometimes getting sick is pretty much inevitable though, so what do you do then?