TRiO is a student support services program for students like you. TRiO programs serve low-income and first-generation college students.
What services does TRIO offer? Services vary from school to school, but most TRiO programs offer:
- Academic, personal, career and financial aid advising
- Tutoring in math, English, science and computer literacy
- Assistance in transferring to four-year institutions
- Cultural events
- Assistance finding and applying for scholarships
- Study skills workshops
- Supplemental instruction or class prep
Does your school have a TRiO program? It should. More than 1,000 colleges, universities, community colleges have TRiO Programs. Not sure if your school does? Ask your school advisor or talk to your ETV Coordinator.