TRiO is a student support services program for students like you. TRiO programs serve low-income and first-generation college students.
What services does TRiO offer? Services vary from school to school, but most TRiO programs offer:
- Academic, personal, career and financial aid advising
- Tutoring in math, English, science and computer literacy
- Assistance in transferring to four-year institutions
- Cultural events
- Assistance finding and applying for scholarships
- Study skills workshops
- Supplemental instruction or class prep
Does your school have a TRiO program? It should. More than 1,000 colleges, universities, community colleges have TRiO Programs. Not sure if your school does? Look on your school’s website, ask your school advisor, or talk to your ETV Coordinator.